Updated: January 13, 2013
What information do we collect from users and how is it used?
The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information:
- Before you can utilize certain services that we offer on the Service or otherwise, we may ask that you register with Telerivet and provide us with your email address, a password, your name and other contact information. We request this information for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of certain services.
- If you correspond with us via email, we may gather the information that you submit in a file specific to you.
- URL and IP address
- Like many other websites, Telerivet collects information about users' utilization and navigation of our Service. This information helps us to design our Service to better suit our users' needs. For example, our Service will track the URL that you visited before you came to our Service, the URL to which you next go, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Service. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- Analytics information
- Telerivet may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Log file information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Information Collected With Cookies
- Commercial and marketing communications
- We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, technical and security notices). For certain Service-related e-mails, the only way to opt-out is to terminate your account with Telerivet.
To whom does Telerivet disclose information about you that we collect?
Telerivet will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of the personally identifiable information that we collect about you, except when we have your permission or in any of the following situations:
- We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party partners who perform services for Telerivet in order to provide certain services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
- We may disclose the results of aggregated data about you for marketing or promotional purposes. In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you.
- Telerivet may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of its assets or business. Telerivet does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
- Moreover, we may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on our Service or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. Telerivet reserves the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
Who has access to messages transmitted via Telerivet?
You may use your account settings to control other Users' access to information associated with your User account, such as messages and contact information. Generally, User Provided Information transmitted through or stored by the Service is only available to those with whom you choose to share such information.
However, please note that any messages transmitted via the Service may be accessible to certain third-party organizations, such as mobile networks and SMS gateway services, that may be used to transmit the messages. These organizations may have their own rules, policies, and security measures controlling who has access to messages transmitted through their services.
Telerivet's employees and contractors generally do not have access to view messages or contact information associated with your User account. However, certain authorized employees and contractors of Telerivet have access to view some data associated with your User account, including profile settings, automated services, log messages, and summary statistics. In limited circumstances, authorized employees or contractors of Telerivet may access other information associated with your User account, including contacts or messages, in order to investigate or resolve problems with the Service, or if required by legal process.
What security measures does the Service employ?
To help protect the privacy of data you transmit through this Service, where personally identifiable information is requested, Telerivet uses SSL/TLS to encrypt the information that is sent between your computer and Telerivet's servers. In addition, Telerivet takes steps to protect the user data we collect against unauthorized access.
However, you should keep in mind that this Service and our services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
Where is my information stored and processed?
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, United States or any other country in which Telerivet or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Telerivet may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
How can you correct or update information that we collect about you?
You may correct or update information collected about you by logging in to Telerivet and editing your account settings, or by contacting Telerivet at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to update our records. For our records, we may retain original and updated information for reasons such as technical constraints, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and agreement enforcement.
You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
How do I opt out of information for tracking?
Please refer to your mobile device or browser's technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Telerivet or its business partners from tracking your browser's activities in relation to the Service. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will you keep my User Content?
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Telerivet may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
What is our policy on children users of our Service?
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old, and no part of our Service is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Telerivet learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then Telerivet will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Telerivet account, then you may alert Telerivet at the address below and request that we delete that child's personal information from our systems.
How to contact us?