If your Telerivet account needs to handle tens of thousands of SMS messages per day, Telerivet recommends using an SMS shortcode.
SMS shortcodes are typically expensive, so we only recommend using shortcodes if your typical message volume is over 10,000 messages per day.
Telerivet doesn't supply shortcodes directly. To purchase a shortcode, contact your local mobile network or a shortcode aggregator in your country.
How it works
With an SMS shortcode, Telerivet can connect our servers directly to your mobile network:
To connect an SMS shortcode to your Telerivet account, first secure an SMS shortcode from a mobile network or shortcode aggregator in your country. Then, email us and we will gladly connect your shortcode to your Telerivet account.
In order for Telerivet to integrate with your SMS shortcode provider, your provider must provide an API that Telerivet supports. Telerivet can integrate with most types of SMS APIs, as long as they are based on either SMPP or HTTP.
In order to test the integration, we also require you to connect an Android phone to Telerivet and give us access to send and receive messages through it. This allows Telerivet to make sure that your integration is actually working, even if our developers are in a different country.
Note that typical timeline for integration is one to two weeks.
Since each integration requires Telerivet to do additional work for initial development, ongoing maintenance, and support, additional fees apply above Telerivet's normal service plan pricing.
All integrations require a Pro plan with a minimum commitment of three months.
Depending on the type of API (SMPP or HTTP), additional fees are as follows:
- SMPP API Integration Pricing:
- Integration with SMPP gateway APIs requires upgrading to the Pro plan, plus an additional $120/month for Telerivet to maintain each SMPP connection.
- Each additional SMPP shortcode, virtual number, or sender ID will incur an additional fee of $120/month.
- HTTP API Integration Pricing:
- Integration with custom HTTP SMS gateway APIs requires upgrading to the Pro plan, plus an additional $120/month for Telerivet to develop and maintain each custom SMS API integration.
- Once the integration is complete, you can add multiple shortcodes, virtual numbers or sender IDs that use the same HTTP API with no additional fee (within the normal limits of the Pro plan).
If your integration requires a VPN connection, an additional $120/month fee will apply.
All fees must be paid for at least the first 3 months of service before Telerivet starts the integration. Telerivet offers a 17% discount on all fees if you pay for 12 months up-front.
Note that in addition to Telerivet's service plan and integration fees, you'll also have to pay the API provider directly for costs such as the messages you send you send/receive, reserving your virtual number, and any other costs involved in using their platform.